There is no better way to keep your vehicle at peak performance and have it run for hundreds of thousands of kilometers than by keeping your oil changed whenever it is recommended. Having your oil changed on a regular basis is one of the most important things you can do to keep your vehicle in proper running order. An oil change is a quick and relatively inexpensive form of insurance. By getting your oil changed on a regular basis you will improve the life of your vehicle’s engine.
Neglecting to change the oil and oil filter on your vehicle may, potentially have catastrophic consequences on the engine. Clean oil is necessary to keep all of the moving parts lubricated. By not having enough oil or by using oil that has outlived its usefulness (that is, it’s filled with grit and dirt or has low viscosity) you run the risk of allowing parts to not work as efficiently thereby having the potential to cause damage to the motor – or having it seize.
Oil Change includes:
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Lubricate all grease points, where applicable
- Inspect undercarriage of vehicle, suspension and front-end components
- Check tires for proper wear pattern, and adjust to recommended pressures
- Underhood inspection, check belts, hoses and filters, and all fluid levels
- Test condition of battery
- Check working condition of all lights
- Lubricate door hinges and locks
- Reset engine oil life monitors, where applicable